04 April 2018
Selling Online Internationally Moray fully booked
Date: Tue 17 April 2018, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Venue: Horizon Scotland, Forres,
If your business is already selling online, or you're thinking about starting an online sales operation, why not be business brave and consider the international marketplace? With the right information, set-up and skills, your business could capitalise on the wealth of opportunities available beyond the UK!
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) invites you to attend a FREE one-day workshop, 'Selling Online Internationally', where you can learn how to increase international sales through your website.
Who's it for?
The workshop is open to any business with an existing website that's looking to develop its capability in proactive selling to international customers.
This course is not designed for tourism businesses. For tourism specific digital workshops, contact your local Destination Organisation. They will be organising workshops on behalf of HIE across a number of topics, including international digital tourism.
The online experts and HIE trainers responsible for delivering the training include digital marketing consultant and CEO of Orthic Consulting, Steven Whitelaw; and International trade consultants David Gass and Ewan Ramsay.
Social media evangelist Stephen Whitelaw boasts a multi-disciplinary background with a proven record in helping companies with the development and technology challenges they face. A regular keynote speaker to Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Microsoft, GroupOn and Oracle, Whitelaw has started and sold a number of technology companies over the decades and worked with many young startups.
How does it work?
Do you know how to develop an effective international website? This interactive workshop focuses on giving you the tools you need to create and manage a strong online presence overseas.
The workshop helps you identify goals and objectives and enables you to write a short action plan for business growth via international online sales.
How your company benefits
- Develop your website to make it more focused on international customers
- Increase the international profile of your business
- Discover international social media as a key tool in developing your online sales
- Identify and target suitable international markets
- Address language considerations and learn how to localise your website
- Put together a personalised action plan to kick-start your international site development
- Develop an international pricing strategy, taking into account currencies and delivery charges
- Understand the basics of VAT and tariffs in international online sales
- Consider legal requirements and develop international terms and conditions
- An insight into cyber security and protecting your company
Please note, if you can't make this specific date, we've got various workshops taking place throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Moray: 17 April 2018, Book Now
- Thurso: 18 April 2018, Book Now
- Inveraray: 24 April 2018, Book Now
- Shetland: 01 May 2018, Book Now
- Fort William, 04 May 2018, Book Now
- Stornoway, 08 May 2018, Book Now
- Inverness, 14 May 2018, Book Now
For more information about other Selling Online Internationally courses>>